Tuesday 15 March 2011

Newspaper Advert - Ideas Development


Above is my first sketch idea for my advert. I want it to be based heavily around the title and the photographs. These will be the main features of my advert. I had a look at fonts on dafont.com to see what would fit the mood and style of the drama.

This font has quite a retro feel to it. It reminds me of the Scooby Doo cartoon. It still has some menace to it though, with it's slightly wobbly edges. It's bold and I think at the same time it connotes horror.


I like the effect of this one and the way it fades out. It connotes something sinister with it's boldness and it's blunt edges. Then it adds a twist by fading out at the end. It looks similar to dripping blood or ghosts materialising.

This is another font that has a more old fashioned feel to it. Retro and vintage are in fashion at the moment. Especially with our target audience. And so I think it might be good idea to do an advert in the style of old horror such as The Twilight Zone or War Of The Worlds. I think it would also be interesting to have a retro style advert in the way that it would be juxtaposed with the modern feel and content of our drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment