Wednesday 30 March 2011

Feature For TV Guide - Layout Ideas

I have been looking at the forms and conventions of features in TV guides. I have come up with a rough sketch for the intended layout of my own feature. The Radio Times is the magazine I have taken most inspiration from because achieve a good balance between text and image. I will be aiming my feature at teenagers (my target audience) and so I will need to take into consideration what appeals to them. The visual impact of the feature will have the most importance. So my pictures need to be bold, and take priority. The feature as a whole will need to be eye catching to make people want to read it. The text is important, but the layout of the text is more important.




This was the first sketch that I came up with for my feature. I have made the picture the centre point and placed the text in a conventional and easy to read format. The only problem seems to be that the main picture will be cut in half by the split in pages. So I tried to stick to a similar format, but compensate for the two page spread of the feature.

I want the text to work around the outline of the image. This makes the feature more interesting to look at rather than blocks of text and block images. The image will be a portrait of one of the cast members. I'm going to make up the interview. I will also include small photographs taken in a behind the scenes style. This will help break up the text on the second page of the feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment